Case Report of International Journal of Case Reports
Surgical Correction of Intra-Areolar Polythelia
Eunice Beh, TS Chong
Dr. Chong Clinic, DC Healthcare Group, 37G, Jalan Metro Perdana Barat 1, Taman Usahawan Kepong, 52100, Kuala Lumpur.
Intra-areolar polythelia (IAP) is an extremely rare congenital malformation with the presence of two or more nipples within a normal sized areola. This is a case report of a 25-year-old gentleman who presented with two nipples on the areola of his left breast since birth. Surgical excision was done under local anesthesia for aesthetic purpose.
Keywords: Surgical Correction, Intra-Areolar Polythelia
How to cite this article:
Eunice Beh, TS Chong. Surgical Correction of Intra-Areolar Polythelia. International Journal of Case Reports, 2020 4:127. DOI: 10.28933/ijcr-2020-04-1005
1. Edward P. Miranda. Pediatric Surgery (Seventh Edition). 2012. Retrieved from page https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780323072557001380
2. Sri Kantha, Sachi & Hibino, A.. (2018). Polymastia, polythelia and ectopic breasts among asian populations: An overview. International Medical Journal. 25. 27-31.
3. Arranz López JL, García L, Elena E, et al. Unilateral dichotomy of nipple (intraareolar polythelia) and areola: report of a case and surgical correction. Aesthetic Plast Surg 2006;30: 494–6.
4. Kirby I. The Breast – Comprehensive Management of Benign and Malignant Diseases (5th edition). 2018. Retrieved from page https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/supernumerary-nipple
5. Johnson CA, Felson B, Jolles H. Polythelia (supernumerary nipple): an update. South Med J 1986;79: 1106–8.