Case Report of International Journal of Case Reports
Breast metastasis from pancreatic adenocarcinoma in a male patient
Olfa Adounia, Sabrine Boukhrisb, Marwa Mhiria, lhem Bettaieba, Aida Gouchaa, Riadh Charguib, Ben dhiab Tarekb, Amor Gamoudia, Khaled Rahalb
aDepartement of Immuno-Histo-Cytology, Salah Azaiez Institute, Tunis, Tunisia.
bDepartment of surgical oncology, Salah Azaiez Institute, Tunis, Tunisia.
Metastasis to the breast from extramammary carcinoma are uncommon. A 63-year-old male presented with abdominal pain resistant to treatment. On clinical examination, the abdomen was soft, depressible but sensitive in the left upper quadrant. Palpation of the right breast revealed a subcutaneous mobile nodule, mobile, measuring 1.5 cm long axis. A whole-body CT was requested and showed a metastatic pancreatic. Mammogram and breast ultrasound showed a relatively well limited nodule of the right breast measuring 22 mm. The patient underwent a breast lumpectomy Final haematoxylin and eosin (HE) and immunochemistry staining of the tumour and immunochemistry confirmed the diagnosis of a metastasis to the breast from pancreatic adenocarcinoma. The patient died within 2 months of initial diagnosis.
Keywords: Breast, cancer, metastasis, pancreas.
How to cite this article:
Olfa Adouni, Sabrine Boukhris, Marwa Mhiri, lhem Bettaieb, Aida Goucha, Riadh Chargui, Ben dhiab Tarek, Amor Gamoudi, Khaled Rahal. Breast metastasis from pancreatic adenocarcinoma in a male patient. International Journal of Case Reports, 2020 4:111. DOI: 10.28933/ijcr-2019-09-1005
1. Akcay M. Metastatic disease in the breast. The Breast 2002; 11: 526-528.
2. Gupta D, Merino MI, Farhood A, Middleton LP. Metastases to breast simulating ductal carcinoma in situ: report of two cases and review of the literature. Annals of diagnostic pathology, 2001; 5: 15-20.
3. McCrea E, Johnston C, Haney P. Metastases to the breast. American Journal of Roentgenology, 1983; 141: 685-690.
4. Lee AH. The histological diagnosis of metastases to the breast from extramammary malignancies. Journal of Clinical Pathology, 2007; 60: 1333-1341.
5. Hajdu SI, Urban JA. Cancers metastatic to the breast. Cancer, 1972; 29: 1691-1696.
6. Vizcaino I, Torregrosa A, Higueras V et al. Metastasis to the breast from extramammary malignancies: a report of four cases and a review of literature. European radiology, 2001; 11: 1659-1665.
7. Muttarak M, Nimmonrat A, Chaiwun B. Metastatic carcinoma to the male and female breast. Australasian radiology, 1998; 42: 16-19.
8. Kalli S, Lanfranchi M, Alexander A et al. Spectrum of extramammary malignant neoplasms in the breast with radiologic-pathologic correlation. Current problems in diagnostic radiology, 2016; 45: 392-401.
9. Mun SH, Ko EY, Han B-K et al. Breast metastases from extramammary malignancies: typical and atypical ultrasound features. Korean journal of radiology, 2014; 15: 20-28.
10. Lee SK, Kim WW, Kim SH et al. Characteristics of metastasis in the breast from extramammary malignancies. Journal of surgical oncology, 2010; 101: 137-140.
11. Peixoto RDA, Speers C, McGahan CE et al. Prognostic factors and sites of metastasis in unresectable locally advanced pancreatic cancer. Cancer medicine, 2015; 4: 1171-1177.
12. Toombs B, Kalisher L. Metastatic disease to the breast: clinical, pathologic, and radiographic features. American Journal of Roentgenology, 1977; 129: 673-676.
13. NIELSEN M, ØRNVOLD K, ANDERSEN JA et al. Metastases to the breast from extramammary carcinomas. Acta Pathologica Microbiologica Scandinavica Section A Pathology, 1981; 89: 251-256.
14. Vergier B, Trojani M, De Mascarel I et al. Metastases to the breast: differential diagnosis from primary breast carcinoma. Journal of surgical oncology 1991; 48: 112-116.
15. Yang WT, Muttarak M, Ho LW. Nonmammary malignancies of the breast: ultrasound, CT, and MRI. In Seminars in Ultrasound, CT and MRI, Elsevier, 2000; 375-394.
16. Sippo DA, Kulkarni K, Di Carlo P et al. Metastatic disease to the breast from extramammary malignancies: a multimodality pictorial review. Current problems in diagnostic radiology, 2016; 45: 225-232.
17. Lee SH, Park JM, Kook SH et al. Metastatic tumors to the breast: mammographic and ultrasonographic findings. Journal of ultrasound in medicine, 2000; 19: 257-262.
18. Yang WT, Metreweli C. Sonography of nonmammary malignancies of the breast. AJR American journal of roentgenology, 1999; 172: 343-348.